When the economy begins taking a turn for the worst, knowing what to do to survive is absolutely essential, and this can change depending on the conditions you find yourself in.
In any scenario, though, saving up enough money and resources for basic sustenance is the first step. This preparation will reduce your dependency on your job and grocery stores.
Ideally, with zero income, your existing savings should be enough to sustain you for at least six months, and even then, it would be better to be able to rely upon alternative income sources to generate additional earnings.
When Uncle Sam Takes a Nose-Dive, Don’t Follow!
These preparations will enable you to stay afloat and even prosper in the worst financial conditions:
1. Consider your current lifestyle in terms of your future. Do you and your family spend money like there’s no tomorrow? If you do, when tomorrow does come, you’re likely to find it particularly difficult. Making a few changes now can vastly strengthen your situation.
* Start thinking about what’s really essential for you and your family and budget for these things. Once you have these necessities taken care of, then you can include non-essential luxuries in your budget.
* Look for ways to supplement your income and save even more. If there’s anything that you can be certain about, it’s that you surely can’t have too much money for the difficult times that may be looming ahead.
* Accumulating gold and silver is particularly smart since the current currency may yield little to no value in a failed economy.
2. Stockpile essentials. Having the basics, like food, water, and tools, will enable you to survive. Having extra to sell or trade will help you prosper.
* Ensure you’re sufficiently stocked up on food supplies, water, hygiene items, and other basic necessities.
* If you can purchase a piece of land outside the city, especially one with a fresh water supply, you’ll have access to, and the means to produce more, fresh food and water.
3. Strengthen your survival skills, like living off the land and natural medicine. Your community may offer inexpensive classes to increase your knowledge and skills.
* In an economic collapse, these skills will not only help you survive, but others will gladly pay for your services as well.
4. Don’t be a lone wolf! While the urge for you to “go it alone” may be really strong, the truth is that surviving all by yourself will indeed be a difficult and cumbersome task.
* Historically, humans have always flourished the best when they worked together.
* Being able to work together with others will be among the most important survival skills that you can have at your disposal.
* Strengthen your bonds with your friends or neighbors and make plans together. For example, you could stockpile complementary items to share.
* As cold as the world may become prior to the imminent collapse, your kindness and compassion towards others will certainly pay you dividends you would’ve never expected otherwise!
Yes, you can survive – and even prosper – if the country suffers a financial collapse. Starting on these preparations now will give you greater confidence in your ability to provide for your family in the years to come.